02 Oct KGFA unveils 2021 events and training programs
Kansas Grain and Feed Association (KGFA) has released its slate of 2021 events and training programs where the association will once again be traversing the state and holding several industry-specific training programs beneficial to its members and interested parties.
“We’ve been offering grain grading schools for more than 90 years and we’re proud of the longevity of those schools, but we’re equally excited about a few of the newer programs we are hosting,” KGFA President and CEO Ron Seeber said. “Despite the pandemic in the last year, our members still needed these training programs. It was up to us to adapt and in some cases modernize in order to fulfill our members’ needs.”
In an effort to better serve its membership, KGFA is offering ‘house-call’ training sessions where for a guaranteed number of participants, the association will travel anywhere in the state to provide any of the following training programs at an agreed upon rate.
KGFA’s CDL Exam Preparation Courses will be held six times throughout the year. These one-day courses will walk attendees through the Kansas CDL Manual with the goal of obtaining their Commercial Learners Permit (CLP). The courses will be capped at 25 registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Information on the CDL preparation courses is below:
- Jan. 5, 2021 // Garden City // Garden City Coop
- Jan. 7, 2021 // Parsons // Southeast KSU Research-Extension Center
- Feb. 4, 2021 // Topeka // Propane Marketers Association
- April 15, 2021 // Hays // KSU Ag Research Center
- August 3, 2021 // Hutchinson // Kansas State Fairgrounds
- Oct. 28, 2021 // Andover // Butler Community College
Beginning in February, KGFA, along with Kansas Grain Inspection Service Inc. (KGIS) will conduct six grain grading schools. The courses inform participants about grain grades and how to use grain standards in marketing, as well as how to recognize various types of kernel damage while grading a representative sample. Information on the grain grading schools is below:
- Feb. 16, 2021 // Colby // City Limits Center
- Feb. 17, 2021 // Dodge City // Boot Hill Casino Conference Center
- Feb. 18, 2021 // Salina // Vortex Valves
- March 2, 2021 // Wichita // Sedgwick County Extension
- March 3, 2021 // Parsons // Southeast KSU Research-Extension Center
- March 4, 2021 // Topeka // Propane Marketers Association
With safety at the forefront of KGFA’s trainings, the association is offering Elevator Safety and Maintenance workshops to offer practical lessons in elevator maintenance, everything from the basics to new technologies. Information on the elevator safety and maintenance workshops is below:
- May 4, 2021 // Garden City // Garden City Coop
- May 5, 2021 // Wichita // Sedgwick County Extension
- May 6, 2021 // Salina // Visit Salina Annex
KGFA will hold its annual 7B/4 Recertification program held in conjunction with the Kansas Agri Business Expo. This program is one of the few sessions offered to gain full certification in 7B/4 Seed Treatment and Fumigation. The day-long course with presentations ranging from pest control management to grain engulfment will earn a year’s worth of continuing education credit.
- Nov. 17, 2021 // Hyatt Hotel // Wichita
The association will close its 2021 training slate with its Grain Handlers Workshop in December in Garden City. This workshop will provide grain handlers and elevator operators with a full range of expertise in handling the 2021 crop. Information on the Grain Handlers Workshop is below:
- Nov. 30, 2021 // Garden City Coop // Garden City
For more information on training programs offered by KGFA in 2021, please visit https://www.ksgrainandfeed.org/events-training/.