Grain Theft Reward Program
KGFA will pay up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of any person responsible for the theft of commodities from a member’s facility.
Background: The Reward Program has been in existence since 1983, and two awards have been given out since then. In 1983, KGFA rewarded Marvin Wentz of Atchison County Coop with $1,000 for his efforts in helping police capture four men responsible for the Memorial Day grain theft from the river terminal there. In 1996, KGFA rewarded Steven Kuplen, a customer of KAMO Grain in Pittsburg, with $250 for his help in the conviction of an individual who stole over $4,000 worth of soybeans from the KAMO elevator.
The award started at an up to $1,000 amount. In 2008, the Board of Directors decided to increase it to up to $10,000 to help discourage grain thefts from elevators due to the dramatic rise in grain prices.
- Encourage community interest in and concern for an elevator’s operating procedure so that criminal activity is more readily noticed and reported.
- Enhance employee allegiance to their workplace and therein their concern for its well being.
- Encourage persons knowledgeable of contemplated grain thievery to come forward with information.
- Discourage the contemplation of grain theft by displaying the offer of a $1,000 reward at all member facilities.
Reward Club Members: KGFA is proud of its Reward Club Members that sponsor this program. Each club member agrees to sponsor $100 of all future rewards given (not to exceed $500 in one year). As a special bonus to our Reward Club Members, those facilities will be eligivle to receive the new award amount of up to $10,000 if the theft happens at their location. All other KGFA members’ facilities are still able to reveive the award, but only up to the current $1,000 amount.
If you have any questions about the program or are intersted in becoming a Reward Club member, please contact Shahira Stafford at (785) 234-0461 or at email@example.com. The above poster is also available for your facility upon request.
Does your company need new apparel? Looking for appreciation gift ideas for your customers? Get up to 10% off Cabela’s merchandise and 5% off gift cards just for being a KGFA member!
Click on the catalog below. Ordering instructions are on the first page. You can also call (785) 234-0461 for details.
Ag Retailers must constantly keep the right equipment on hand to minimize costs and deliver the most profitable services and inputs.
When money is tied up in equipment that no longer meets your needs, your financial flexibility is less than it could be. Let Purple Wave become one of the tools you use to effectively remarket your capital equipment and rolling stock. Purple Wave takes care of everything, so you and your people can stay focused on your core business.
Benefits of using Purple Wave include
- Assets sell “as-is, where is” eliminating relocation time and expense and haggling with buyers
- Purple Wave reviews, describes, photographs and videos the assets for you to make a high quality online listing
- Purple Wave’s award-winning advertising professionals create the most effective marketing to attract bidders from your community, nationally and internationally
- Purple Wave handles certificates of title, bidder payment collection, and post-auction reporting — our experienced professionals take care of it all!
Purple Wave delivers strong sale prices, too. With more than 250,000 potential buyers at purplewave.com every month, we bring more buyers to the table than any other marketing channel, without the worry of bad weather or event logistics.
Straight. Simple. Sold.
Request a no-obligation consultation today to find out more about selling your equipment at auction. Complete this simple form or contact Purple Wave toll free at 866-608-9283.
When money is tied up in equipment that no longer meets your needs, your financial flexibility in less than it could be. Let Purple Wave become one of the tools you use to effectively remarket your capital equipment and rolling stock. Purple Wave takes care of everything, so you and your people can stay focused on your core business.